Sunday 24 June 2012

Planes, Amsterdam and Germany

I landed Friday morning in Dublin for my layover flight at 5 am. Of course I didn't sleep at all on the flight because my body wouldn't let me obviously. At this point I was so exhausted, running on no sleep since the night before but luckily I was actually in Britain! Even though i have never been to Ireland. I went to eat a nice Irish breakfast and enjoy my 3 hour intermission before my next flight. It was so delicious. It reminded me of last summer :). Finally after a billion hours later and many chapters in my book, I got on the lil hour flight to Amsterdam.
I landed and was greeted my Mallory and her boyfriend Sven, who is super cool and German. We were literally in Amsterdam for an hour before we got in a car and drove to Cologne, Germany. It was 3 hours but I finally got to sleep! When we arrived we went to a public viewing of the euro cup Germany vs Greece, Greece got whooped and the german fans are nuts especially with their beer and pride when it's appropriate haha. It was such an awesome experience and I wore a cooool German jersey.
Saturday was a really nice day. We all went to get doners or gyros, which were so delicious and went to the park to relax and have some nice drinks. It was really interesting, they had booths set up and a dj playing music the whole time till it got dark.
Sunday, was super rainy so a perfect day to go to a museum or chocolate museum! It was neat, showed how to make chocolate and mal and I made our own chocolate ingredients. :) yummmyyy. And of course had to buy some extra. After that we went to a brauhaus for a meal and brewsss. For obvious reasons I had to get a schnitzel which was delicious. Time flew by too and we watched the England vs Italy game and too bad Italy won. I'm back to Amsterdam tomorrow so that's a new adventure ;) and Paris on Thursday!

X

2 comments: